Sunday 3 June 2012

God Save the Queen (and my Mum & Dad)

To anyone who has just watched the Jubilee celebrations on the television, wasn't it wonderful.  The Queens's barge was magnificent and she looked absolutely stunning.  I felt sorry for the people in the 1000 boats in the parade of sail and all those spectators (1.2 million of them), they all must have got very wet, but I suppose it does make it very British!  Whether you support the Royal family or not (and I most certainly am a confirmed Royalist), she has done a marvellous job for 60 years, most of us would have long retired, and certainly a day like today is the opportunity to celebrate all that is great about Great Britain.

I will let you in to a secret....yesterday, my Mum and Dad met 60 years ago to the day.  I, for one, am certainly glad they did (!)  Isn't it wonderful that they are still together and enjoying life and their family and friends.  Well done you two and lots of love from us xxx

7 comments:

  1. Cheers to all of you!!!! And congratulations to your parents. I think that is just wonderful. I did not see anything of the jubilee celebrations, but I gather they were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 must be a lucky number. You are having quite the celebration over there. We've been watching it on TV. Vancouver sent a dragon boat with breast cancer survivors to be in the flotilla. Guess it was grueling for them to make the whole journey, but very rewarding. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum and Dad look wonderful. Sixty years, that is great! Tell them congratulations from me.
    Boy, you Brits sure know how to throw a party! Looks like the whole village turned out. Wish we were there, Steve :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your parents.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Isn't blogger amazing that Mum and Dad can received congratulations from all over the world like this, they will be chuffed as they do read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete