Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Window Frames

Pete has been really busy today.  This structure will hold the windows; each of the bigger gaps is a window.  We are aiming for as much light and air as possible.  The floor for the wheelhouse will go on top, along with a reinforced area for the water tanks that will also be on deck/under the wheelhouse.  There will also be a large hatch on deck.    I have been getting quotes for the windows and for once we were quite pleasantly surprised at the price.   It really is beginning to take shape now.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I've just finished leaving a comment about the space you will have and now I see how much light you'll have too. Fantastic!! Pete is a marvel...and fast with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, he really is wonderful and very clever (ssshhh don't tell him I said that, I have to keep the nagging up!!!). Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to post some pictures which will give you more of an idea about the size of the wheelhouse. It is just a shame that we cannot sell the house at the moment so that he could work on the barge full time. He would throughly enjoy that and I would get my new home in double quick time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he still having to sleep on board? It is amazing how just a certain area of work suddenly makes you feel as if you are getting nearer to the goal. Well done Pete........ooops........ ssssshhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janys, yep he's still sleeping on board. Still it has its advantages, I have charge of the remote control for once, I get to eat smarties in bed and I don't have to share them!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL!!
    I like the Smarties bit... and know just what you mean about the remote control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps. That car out back of the photo looks just like the one we sold this week! (Second pic... the metallic grey one)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janys - great news about selling the car, does that mean that you will be coming over the horizon on the mean machine you were talking about earlier in the year?

    ReplyDelete