Tuesday 1 February 2011

Jigsaws and good news

Pete and Ian have spent the weekend putting together my new shed for the allotment.  It was very cold and their poor little mitts were frozen on Saturday.  On Sunday they did the sensible thing and got a fire going.  I kept them supplied with bacon sarnies, cups of coffee and free advice!  Apparently the instructions were all wrong and I had bought totally the wrong kind of shed  (I think most of you women will understand what I am getting at here)!  Needless to say, at times the language was particularly choice!!

Still, they got it done in the end and now my lilac wheelbarrow is all nicely locked away.   Thank you boys!

We had some great news at the weekend.  My favourite middle son, Stuart (top right hand corner), and his girlfriend Kerry (bottom left hand corner) got engaged.  It was all very romantic.  Stuart whisked Kerry off to Munich for her birthday weekend and proposed in a very beautiful temple.  He immediately texted when she said yes and we were all waiting in the pub yesterday when they got back.  Kerry is so lovely and if I could have picked a wife for Stuart, I would have chosen her.  Congratulations to Stuart and Kerry and welcome to the family Kerry xxx


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, you got a shed, and the daughter-in-law of your choice!
    Are those raised garden beds I see there? I was jealous until I realized my veggie-eating dog will think the raised beds are big dog dishes, and all the vegetables in them, hers.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raised beds, good lord no, they were the first attempts at erecting the shed!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news! A family addition is always lovely! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete