Wednesday, 17 November 2010

It Gets Worse!!

Yesterday the kitchen disappeared and today the floor has gone!  All these joists are having to be replaced due to a leak over a long period of  time which we didn't discover until the worktops seriously parted company with the tiled splashback.  Although I joke about the upheavel, I do appreciate that I am one lucky girl to have a husband who can do all this type of work.  Heaven knows what it would cost to have to pay builders to come in, but I am sure Pete could tell me exactly!!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

oh my goodness, and yes you are one lucky lady to have a handy husband to fix this, i would'nt like to think of the cost otherwise

Fran said...

Hi Sharon, I'll let you into a secret though. When he is at other people's houses he is very careful about making a mess and clearing up after himself. But at home grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

VallyP said...

Fran, count yourself lucky that he does it! Would that I should be so fortunate :) My man is an artist with the nature that goes with it...very capable, but only when you can get him back to earth...lol

Bill K said...

You better not ask about the cost, you might have a heart attack.

Bill Kelleher

Fran said...

Val, honestly I do know I am lucky but I still have to nag otherwise I wouldn't be doing my job properly!!!

Bill, if my health depends on it, I won't ask! I'll just keep drinking the wine and blot out the mess!