I am so thrilled, Margy from http://www.powellriverbooks.blogspot.com/ has included me in her versatile blog recognition award. It is the first award that I have received and I am very grateful to Margy for thinking of me. Margy's blog is absolutely fascinating. It is about her life in a floating cabin in Canada, complete with floating garden and floating wood store. It really is worth a visit and a browse through the archives.
In order to accept this award I have to thank Margy and tell my readers seven things about myself, so here we go.
1. I have three boys aged 27, 24 and 20. They are, along with my husband, my reason for living and I am very, very proud of all three of them and the fine adult men that they have become.
2. I am by trade an English teacher, although these days more into management and I work in a correction centre. I am very lucky because I love my job.
3. I have wanted to live on a houseboat since I was a teenager and now my dream is coming true.
4. I am Commodore of Tollesbury Sailing Club and the first lady commodore in its history.
5. I am vegetarian and I get very upset by animal & child cruelty.
6. I am seriously addicted to chocolate.
7. I don't do power/ego trips and I don't like people who do or jobsworths.
Now I have to pass this award on to 15 other bloggy friends whose sites I have recently (or fairly recently) discovered and whose blogs I love reading. I have quite a blog roll because I love reading other people's blogs. After a day's work, I love settling down on the settee with my laptop and catching up with the day's news through the blogs, learning something new or getting advice from people who know more than me. I do not buy any magazines any more because my blog roll is far more interesting and I have made some really lovely bloggy friends with mutual interests or lifestyles. Here is my list, in no particular order, and I apologise to anyone I miss because I can only have 15.
1. VallyP at http://vereeniging.blogspot.com/
2. Janys at http://slowvenice.blogspot.com/
3. MrsL at http://unboughtdelicacies.blogspot.com/
4. Elizabeh at http://argentinawineblog.weebly.com/
5. Zaira at http://littleemmaenglishhome.blogspot.com/
7. Becky and Seb at http://thevoyageofwendyann2.blogspot.com/
8. Melissa at http://www.thanatopsic.org/hendrik/
11. Simon at http://misterton.squarespace.com/
12. Tim at http://timzim.blogspot.com/
13. Steve at http://boatsareforlosers.blogspot.com/
I hope you have some fun browsing these blogs, I know I do.