Wednesday 15 June 2011

Happy Birthday Mum xxx

Yesterday was my Mum's birthday and last night we did what my Mum enjoys most in the world, we (all her children, grandchildren and partners) all went out for dinner.  It was a really fun night, lots of chatting, lots of playful banter and insults that only family can get away with and laughter.  The food wasn't great but that didn't deter from us all enjoying being together.  My Mum is my best friend.  She has always been there to support me and help in every way that she can from babysitting to buying me a weekly shop when I was a single very hard up mum.  Her and Dad have always played a huge part in my boy's upbringing and shaping them into the fine young men that they are.  I know that she is so proud of her children and grandchildren, but we all owe her a big thanks for making us into what we all are today.  Until very recent years my boys had three great grandparents and so they have never considered my mum and dad as 'the old ones' and still don't.  The boys have always valued their help, advice and support which they still readily provide today.  Mum worries about each and everyone of us and we say 'Oh Mum, (Nan) leave off' but we all secretly cherish being so loved.  I am very lucky to have a Mum and Dad like mine.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM, we all love you xxx

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful. My parents' birthdays were both in June, too, so I've been a little bit blue about losing them, but you've reminded me how wonderful it was to have that kind of love in our lives.
    Give your mom a great big hug and tell her it's from western Canada.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to a lovely Mum, Fran. I never had that special closeness with my mother, but my father was wonderful, so everything you say about your mum I can say about him. too. She looks a sweetheart as well. I'm so glad you can still enjoy time with them. Lucky you and lucky them. In fact your whole family are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - thank you I will pass on the hug. I am glad that you found some comfort in my words. Good to hear from you.
    Val - thank you too. Mum is a real sweetheart, but, even now, when she uses 'that' tone of voice we all know to watch out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your Mum! Sounds like a fun night! Enjoy the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete